Sunday, September 5, 2010

Canmore

So a couple guys from work and I decided to drive out to Canmore and enjoy the nordic centers trials.

The Nordic Center in Canmore sure has some of the most amazing well rounded trails I have rode. The trails combine the right amount of pain due to climbing with the well planned downs. It amazes me the way the trails weave back and forth with small sprint climbs to help elongate the decent. In fact one of the trails I had the most fun on was this little green trail, the name of which I forget, that simply weaved back and forth. I was riding the Rocky Altitude 29er and I simply pedaled and got into the back and forth motion of the bike. It was so simple yet so beautiful. The feeling of carving, similar to carving big lines through deep powder on a snowboard. Being able to simple pedal and forget everything in your life save what is around the next corner, over the next hill makes tomorrow a lot easier to deal with.

The last trail we road was FYI. Sure it took us most of the time riding to find the trial as none of the people I was riding with are familiar with the trial, but the time spent was worth it. That trial is so fast and fun that I found a smile on my face and a heart rate through the rough. It was that trial that to me defines why I ride a mountain bike.
A beautiful day in Canmore for biking

A couple 29er test bikes and a Specialized HT
Who said downhill racers can't climb

Cookie checking fit
Zilla rocking out on an XC bike

We ended the ride hungry and read to enjoy the Grizzly Paw's amazing bison burgers and since we were sitting at the big kid table some amazing grizzly paw pops.

No comments:

Post a Comment