Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Victoria part Deux

On Sunday I came to two realizations, one I need to spend more time just enjoying the simple things of life. Things like going to restaurants I have never been to and look interesting and two that I need to either find more people who enjoy riding bikes or climbing. I am quite the solo athlete. I tend to do all my training by myself and have a hard time slowing down or altering the way I ride for other people. I feel this is something I need to try and develop and improve upon.

It also has occurred to me that I want to spend more time riding my bike this winter. I am not talking about short rides on perfect days I want to do day long rides to Canmore and Banff. This means two things, I have an excuse to buy another bike, and an excuse to buy winter riding gear. As of right now I don't have the clothing to pull this off but come winter I plan on having it.

It has also made me consider more endurance races. I will be checking a bunch out and seeing if I can be like a new friend and just dive into the challenge and see what the out come is.

Last thing, this is a call out to all people in Calgary I need to find a good place to have homemade perogies. I passed a little Polish Deli everyday I was in Victoria and never stopped in and now I have a craving for good perogies.

No comments:

Post a Comment