Thursday, September 9, 2010

Winter Wonders

The cold winter looms ever closer here in Calgary. The weather still hasn't decided if it is going to get nice for a while and give us a long fall and great riding or if winter will come early and allow for some winter riding. I am sure that part of this bizarre desire to ride in the cold will be dashed on the first long hard cold ride or if it will awaken a new love of riding in weather most deem unrideable. Part I am sure is the idea of all the new gear I will be able to buy.


I have been starring at photos of cyclo-cross riding. Cyclists running with bikes over their shoulders in mud with snow falling. It is the purity of the snow that draws me in . The crisp cool feel of the air as you breath it in. The bite on the exposed skin as your body is warm yet cold.

But I will have to wait for the leaves to turn and enjoy as much of the riding during the fall and the yellows and reds of the soon to be slumbering trees.

1 comment:

  1. That's a crazy shot. Do you do much cyclocross racing? There's an inaugural event in Skagway next weekend that I am thinking of checking out.

    ReplyDelete