Monday, August 30, 2010

Victoria

A friend of mine got married on the weekend prompting a wonderful weekend in Victoria. I started the weekend off by leaving work a little early on Friday and packing my bike and flying out at 9pm. The flight was amazing and I got a few amazing views of the sunset. I just wish I wouldn't have forgotten my good camera so Iphone pictures will have to do for this update.

I stayed with an old roommate and his cousin. It was nice to hang out with him again. Reminded me of years ago of late nights and video games. 

            


The weekend was fantastic. Her ceremony was by Warren Island in Beacon hill park. A few of our friends are amazing singers, one of which is an up and coming opera singer. He composed the works for the ceremony and it was truly an amazing experience to hear an ensemble of people with that much talent singing in the sunshine out side in a park.

At the reception my table was mostly friends from high school so we all caught up and laughed about our child hood days. Once the food was done and the cake ready I proceeded to do what I do best which is the requirement of trying at least 1 piece of every type of cake. That meant 3 pieces in total.

After the reception I biked back to my friends place and dropped off a bag of peaches (Nicole "the bride", dad brought them from the interior) and they were amazing. After that I headed downtown to what appeared to be a Russian polka concert only it was like being part of a Tim Burton film. People singing and laughing along. Jesters and clowns all dressed up and having a great time. On stage our friend rocked out on her Tuba and made sure to give the music alot of well used bass.

More to come tomorrow as I am barely awake after waking up to early and working all day but alas I will tell you about that tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment