Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bike Rebuild

The Monday after Transrockies I started the dreaded bike rebuild. I was expecting the worst and the bike stood up amazingly well. The drive train was all in tact with the exeption of a chain. A few other parts needed replacing and a bit of love to make feel nice again but I won't bore my few readers with the details. The best part of the entire process was the fun of learning how to do a few more things on my bike. Sure I can strip a road bike and rebuild it but a full suspension has a lot more moving parts on it. It still amazes me how many small parts need to be checked.


The bike minus the rear end. Tomorrow it will have new bearings and be like new.

The cranks and my clean bucket and wax. Trying to make it look pretty again.

The 3 peices I can carry to work to put new bearings in since without a vehicle the bike is a bit hard to transport and not fun to commute on in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment