Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Staying Active

Now that my knee is behaving itself again after the Transrockies I have started enjoying my daily commute to and from work. It is so much fun to be fully rested and strong again. Being able to max out my single speed and not be in my red zone has been a lot of fun.

For a change last night I hit up the local univeristy for some Monday night bouldering. It was a lot of fun to get back into the short super focused activity of climbing. The hands are raw today but it was totally worth it. Hopefully I can keep climbing a couple times a week to keep the upper body and core nice and strong to help ward off injury on the bikes.I also find that the act of visualizing the route helps me to improve on my focus for cycling and the ability to shut out the pain and do what needs to be done. To the push the limit of ones body and mind. It is after all the reason I train and ride now. The fun of learning new things about ones self. I find the moment of most pain and hardship I learn something new about myself mentally in the ways my thoughts jump around. Below is a sweet 4 point dyno by my friend Craig:









After reading a friends blog I do have the sudden urge to go find a nice tall climb and run or ride it as fast as I can just to get that amazing endorphin rush. It is a feeling I have missed this past week. After doing TR with that feeling multiple times a day I find it lacking in my life.

Till the next climb and ride I say adeiu.

No comments:

Post a Comment