Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Nine Days less then a Year

On Saturday I finished my first Transrockies experience. Simply put it was the most fun I have had on a  bicycle in a long time. This year I decided to ride it for fun and it allowed me a chance to take pictures. For those not familiar with the Transrockies ride it is a ride that this year started at Fernie BC, and ended in Canmore Ab, after crossing the Continental divide on day 3. If you are thinking this doesn't sound so hard. Day 4 and 5 invovled wading knee deep in places through mud. That same mud flowed downhill and a semi solid nasty mess. The beauty of the race however is the fact that regardless of how hard the day was at the end when you crossed the finish line, had some good food and a hot shower the day always seemed not so bad. This fact remained true even on day 6 where it rained on us the entire day and the temperature felt like it was close to freezing. This feeling was most defiantly aided by the fact we were soaking wet.

Even after considering all this I am making plans to race it next year and should be a lot of fun and give me an excuse to ride my bikes as much as possible.

Well since I have never really done anything like this before that is all today and maybe in the future I will write more.

TG

2 comments:

  1. And I will train with you! (Punk!)

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I'm up for round 2 (this world is full of so many cool events) but I will watch your progress from Whitehorse!

    ReplyDelete