Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Reservoir Riding


One of my long time friends is soon leaving off to Winnipeg to follow her boyfriend to law school. So as one of the last times we have to hang out we decided to get up early meet at her place and go for a ride. Calgary does have one thing going for it besides it proximity to the mountains (Yes I know you are closer Keith) and that is its fairly nice bike paths. Sure they aren't the place to go if you want to train as they do have speed limits which the pedestrians like cyclists to some what abide by but they are great for a nice summer day ride. The temperature was nice and hot for a change and the res was crystal smooth and quite beautiful. I am sure the people trying to sail on it were a little bored but the day was nice and to be on the water I am sure was a lot of fun even without any wind.








No set of photos is ever complete without one with a sexy bike

Once we got back to her place it was off to an all you can eat Indian Buffet at Surya downtown Calgary. So Billy (her BF) Alex and I all headed over by our leg power, which apparently is a lot slower then riding a bike, who would of thought. The food was amazing and the meal only cost each of us 13.00 plus tax and tip pretty cheap for how good the food was. Once we gorged ourselves to the point of pain we started the long and very bright walk back as I forgot my sunglasses at their place.





Once back we quickly got our stuff together for the bike ride back up the hill to my place being as if we stayed sitting at her place for more then a few minutes I am sure we all would of ended up taking a nap. The ride was nice and hot and quite pleasant as Calgary hasn't really had a real summer yet this year.

We decided to make Tangerine marinated Tofu and chicken. She is a vegetarian so we thought we would humor her. Once that was ready to go I started up my smoker and got it nice and hot and ready for the main dish. I used a Cherry wood chip for the smoke. We also made a big bowl of fruit salad, some sliced veggies and heated up the left over filling from my perogie creations yesterday. Last thing to be cooked was the corn. Living close to the prairies in August has the huge advantage of some amazing corn. The meal turned out wonderful and to top it off we convinced our mutual school friend Jamie to venture from the deep SE to the NW for supper as a final dinner as we spent many Sundays eating brunches at my place together studying for various tests and exams.

After supper Jamie Alex and I headed off to top the night off with a bouldering session at the U of C bouldering wall. It was a lot of fun and a great way to end the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment